January 14, 2009

Money Personality

"Your Money Personality is Healthy"

You have a good relationship with money.You don't spend wildly, but you're not opposed to treating yourself on occasion.In general, you save some of what you earn. You know the importance of a nest egg.You aren't afraid of being financially literate - you embrace learning more about finances.From a retirement plan to having an emergency fund, you know what you need to have to be safe.

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourmoneypersonalityquiz/results/?result=Healthy

Ohhhh, look at that! I have a “Healthy” Money Personality!! Woo hoo!!
Okay, okay, I know it’s not that big of a deal. I mean…it’s just a quiz anyways, but STILL!

I admit that I treat myself more than occasionally, but I do try and save. It’s hard to get away from all those sales, especially with the convenience of online shopping.
I was one of those people who always thought of retirement as being far away; I mean why worry about it now right? Live for the moment! Then I slowly started realizing that retirement is not as far away as I thought it was. If I didn’t start saving a little by little now, where did I think I was going to get the money from when I retire? At work I heard one women say that she can’t retire yet because of the economy and how she doesn’t have enough to survive on. I do not want to be 65 and still be working! NO WAY!

If you are thinking that I probably started saving for retirement because I am scared I will be working when I am that old, you aren’t completely wrong.

What got you into saving?

5 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I got into saving after growing up in a family that had some financial worries. And after my parents divorced, my father, who's an accountant, really made a point to get me into saving and watching my expenses. I'm glad I learned from an early age.

    And I'm with you -- I don't want to still be working at 65! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RainyDaySaver: Thanks! It's a good thing to get into early on. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ach! to retirement! It really is not that far... even though it is. I have come to that realization too! So, I have started following a guide called 7 years, 7 million. It's not a program that can do me any harm, just better. Actually, my number is 3.5 million in 10 years, preferably 7. lol! No small defeat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I need to visit every single wonders of the world. I am so missing out. Need travel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine: Is that a blog or a software program?
    I know, I would love to visit the wonders of the world!!

    ReplyDelete